Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Twenty Things.

Hi. Hello. Howdy. Long time no talk. I hope that life is treating you exceptionally well. It's been a while since I've written in this place, but I'm so glad to be back. As of 9:00 pm this Friday, my sophomore year of college will officially be over. This has been a roller coaster of a year. I decided that instead of writing a long thing about what I've learned and what the Lord has taught me (which is so much more than I could have imagined at the beginning of this year), I would write a list of 20 things that I learned (because I turned 20 during my sophomore year) over the course of this year.

1. True friends will stick with you through anything and everything. 
2. Making a bad grade or failing a class does not make you a failure or a bad person.
3. Sometimes the best things and the best people come along when you least expect it.
4. Someone that you thought would always be in your life might not be there anymore, and that's okay.
5. It's okay to eat pizza every day of the week. 
6. The weirdest people are the best.
7. Road trips make the best memories
8. Do that thing that really scares you. Sometimes it leads to the most unexpected places and to the most unexpected people. 
9. Allow others to bless you. God does great things and often speaks to you through others. Be willing to listen.
10. Always keep a friend named Jess around. She's the greatest, weirdest, most inspiring person you'll ever meet. 
11. You'll never regret spending time with Jesus. 
12. Procrastinating only makes you more stressed out. Thinking about getting a head start.
13. Don't just call your parents because your bank account is running low. Call them because you love them and want to keep them up-to-date about things going on in your life. 
14. Set goals.
15. And write to-do lists. They're really helpful when you can't keep track of your own thoughts, much less things you need to do.
16. Trusting God can be hard. but He will never give you anything that you can't handle.
17. Say thank you and mean it.
18. Keep a journal. It's cool to look back and see where you've been and compare it to where you are now.
19. Don't be afraid to try something new.
20. Don't be afraid to ask for help. People genuinely love you and care for you. Let people know when you're struggling. You don't have to deal with anything on your own. 

I'll end this by saying that this year has been incredibly hard, but also incredibly beautiful and rewarding. If I could say one thing, it is that He is faithful and He is good. Thank you for continuing to visit this place. It means the world to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment