Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Time to Reflect

Spring has sprung here in Clemson! And let me tell you, there is beauty everywhere. I love spring because with this time of year comes flowers, the end of school and new beginnings. To me, spring is stepping out of the totally mundane (winter) and into a world where the days are longer, the air is warmer and the possibilities of excitement are greater.

Spring also brings about change.

If you had asked me a year ago what my life would look like a year from now, my answer would have been completely different to what my life actually is...now. Last spring, I encountered things that were new to me. I had friends that were dealing with things that I never would have imagined having to see a friend go through. And yet, through the good and the bad, my sweet Jesus used every little thing to draw me closer to Him.

God used the situations of last year to prepare me and strengthen me for this season of life. It is so cool to see the way that He sharpens and molds us to be the people that we are. In this season and in the seasons to come. I think that this season, figuratively and literally, is the perfect time to step back and give thanks for the growth in your life. For the growth in your walk with Jesus. To give thanks for His good and perfect timing.

Of course, there is no perfect time for this, but today could be a good day to start giving thanks and to start basking in the beauty of who he is and in the beauty of who you are in Him.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment