Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Have No Fear

Hello all! It's been a bit since I've written here. I've really wanted to write, but haven't known what to write about. Life right now is pretty steadfast and things are good. My friend, Charlie, keeps on asking me when I'm going to write again and I keep saying, "I don't know what to write about".

Today, I figured it out.

Throughout my day to day, I often find myself feeling anxious. I usually take a deep breath, tell myself to calm down, say a prayer for peace, and keep moving. Over the past few days, I've made it my mission to pinpoint the source of my anxiety. I've realized that I've been holding on to a lot of fear. I'm scared. 

My life is full of uncertainty right now. It's not a bad uncertainty. Just uncertainty about the future. Uncertainty about my career, about my relationships, about what God wants for me. And I've been holding onto fear amidst all of the uncertainty. Will I end up without a job? Will God reveal to me what He has for me so that I can greater glorify Him and grow His kingdom?

Early Sunday morning, at 3:11 a.m. to be exact. I was laying in bed, in a cold sweat, knuckles slowly turning white from clutching my pillow too hard. I was gripped, once again, with fear. God took hold of me and wrapped me in His arms and I heard Him say, "Do not be afraid, my daughter. Rest in Me and you will find peace".

Sometimes it's hard for me to trust that God's got me. It's so easy to slip back into my habit of being fearful and wanting to have total control. But, I don't have control. And time and again, God has shown me that He is faithful. He is faithful in the hard times, and He is faithful in the greatest moments. I'm totally broken and utterly wrecked, but He is always there, holding me steadfast, even when I stray.

My prayer for you would be able to give every fear to God. Only He can release the hold that they have on you. Only He can. 

I hope your week is full of the people you love and moments that bring you joy.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment