Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Top 10 Blurb


Winter came to Clemson today. And let me tell you, it was beautiful. Everything was pure and white and glistening. Being from Charleston, snow days are few and far between. So I take advantage of days like these. Days where I can sit and reflect and just enjoy the little things, like taking a day to enjoy a warm cup of coffee, a warm group of friends and a warm place to live. Wow, am I thankful for all of these things.

I thought it was time to do a light-hearted get to know me blurb. Everybody loves a good top 10 list. I know I do. So without further adieu. Here are my top 10 favorite things. Ever.

1. Great worship- I love a good worship session. Whether it be with 20,000 believers in huge arena or with a small group of believers in a small room. I love feeling God come and wrap his arms around me while singing praises to Him. Because He deserves all the praise.

2. Summer Nights- Cheesy as it sounds, some of my best memories come from balmy summer nights spent with friends or family listening to crickets, watching fireworks or shagging on the Cooper River in Charleston.

3. Charleston- Speaking of Charleston, I love it there. It's my favorite place. I've grown to appreciate my home more since I've left, but being there with the people I love in one of the most beautiful places beats everything.

4. Musicals- If you know me, you know that I love Broadway. and singing. There's no greater feeling than sitting in the audience watching people perform and seeing the light in their eyes as they do so. Oh and Les Miserables is my favorite. If you haven't seen it, please do yourself a favor. You won't regret it.

5. A good book- I love to read, and I love gaining knowledge and understanding of different cultures, ideals and peoples. Also, if were being honest, I like Chick-Lit too.

6. Family and friends- Mainly because mine are the greatest. That's all.

7. A rainy day- One of my greatest joys is listenting to rain run down the window pane. Throw in some jazz music and a strong cup of coffee and I'm a happy camper.

8. Surprises- I absolutely love being surprised. I feel so much love and happiness when people take the time to surprise me because it shows how much people care and it's so nice having that kind of affirmation every so often. Surprises have the capability of making even the worst of days so much better.

9. New York City- Forget Disney World, I'm convinced that New York is the happiest place on Earth. So much excitement, so many things to look at. So much energy. So great.

10. Good conversations (with good people)- some of my fondest memories come from spending time in conversation. Uplifting, soul searching, gut wrenching conversations are the best kind.

Much love,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment