Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Overwhelmed.

I always find it hard to start writing these. I usually try to start with something a little bit witty or lighthearted, but for some reason, my creative juices just aren't flowing that way today. Either way, I hope that everybody's week was great and that it was filled with great things. 

School's about to start up this week. I'm going into my junior year of college (yikes!) and needless to say, I've been a bit overwhelmed. I'm going into this semester feeling optimistic, but also discouraged and a little bit lost. I'm gonna be up front with ya'll, Satan's been on the attack these past few weeks. He placing doubt in my heart where there once was confidence. He's left me fearful of the future, where I otherwise felt peace. There's been discouragement where there was hope. I've felt irritable and on edge. I hate feeling this way, but then again who doesn't? 

I hate that I've let these doubts seep into a heart that was on the mend from past hurts and fears. 

The other night, I felt so overwhelmed that I had to go clear my head. When I'm stressed, I drive. I'm blessed to live in a place that is full of natural beauty and one of my favorite things to do is drive down the back roads with the windows down. It always clears my head. And more often than not, I drive in silence. These are the times when I talk to God about everything. The hard things and the happy things. I usually come back from these drives with a clear mind and comforted heart. 

On this particular night, it was a little bit overcast, but the sun was shining down through the clouds. You know when the sun shines through the clouds and it looks like heaven? That's what it looked like. I was once again assured of His goodness and faithfulness. He is so good and His promises are so true. 

Sometimes, when Satan's lies seep into your thinking, you've got to kick him to the curb. You are worthy of love, you are worthy of greatness and you are worthy of a life full of purpose. 

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me"
2 Corinthians 12:9

I hope that you can rest in that truth today. There is power that comes from knowing Christ. His love is great and His promises are true. My prayer is that you cling to that this week, and not to the lies that Satan attacks us with. The good news is that there has been victory over sin, and we get to rest in that victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment