Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Birthday.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for college. A part of me thought this day would never come, the other part of me knew that it was inevitable. I don't like change, and I know that this change that I'm about to embark on is going to be fabulous, scary, exhilarating, trying, stimulating and exhausting. I am horrified. I am excited. Frankly, I don't know what to feel or what to think. This past month has been a tidal wave of different emotions. Some of the things that have happened are making it harder to say goodbye. On the other hand, the things that have happened have encouraged me and tested me in unexplainable ways. The lessons I have learned about the healing power of God during dark times, the importance of having good friends who encourage and hold you accountable and the comfort and unwavering support that a loving family can bring has given me the courage and the strength I need to embark on this new journey.


Graduation, May 2014
Exactly one month ago, a close and constant friend of mine passed away peacefully and without pain. Today would have been her 18th birthday. Hannah was not only a friend, she was a confidant and a prayer partner. I knew that I could tell her anything without the fear of being judged or looked down upon. She had a faith that could move mountains and that was so apparent to me, as well as to everybody she met. She exhibited a selfless and gentle love for others and for the Lord on a day to day basis. There is not a day that I do not think about her and her triumphant entry into heaven.


My Graduation Party, May 2014
I want to dedicate this blog to Hannah. This next year will bring trials and triumphs. Pits and peaks. It will be... different. But, I'm ready to embark on this new and exciting journey. I'm ready to put myself wholeheartedly into the new task that Christ has laid before me and I am ready to run this race with grace and endurance. Just like Hannah did.

Happy Birthday, sweet friend!
Disney World, May 2014

Until next time,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment